12hrs per week. Salary £14.84-£17.58 per hour (£27,000-£32,000 Full Time Equivalent) based on experience
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
A. Management of External Bookings of Church, Halls and Rooms
- Receive booking enquiries
- Meet new users as appropriate and discuss prices and times
- Take booking and ensure that the booking form is completed and signed
- Send a confirmation and numbered booking form, and all relevant details of Health & Safety Policy, Safeguarding Policy and Risk Assessments where appropriate
- Respond to email correspondence, recorded telephone messages and any other items of correspondence on a timely and regular basis.
- Respond to all enquiries, email correspondence
- Prepare the Invoice with booking reference number
- Chase any unpaid invoices as requested by the Finance Officer.
- Update the website calendar with booking ref number
- Deal with queries and complaints from users
B. Security of Building
- The lettings officer is responsible for making sure systems are in place to keep the premises secure
- There are key safes at the entrances to the halls and church. Numbers of the key safes are given to most leaders of user groups to open and close the premises.
- The lettings officer should make sure that leaders of user groups understand their responsibility for locking up, or that other arrangements are made for locking up for specific events.
C. Maintenance of the Premises
- Liaise with the Minister, Caretaker and Property Steward about the maintenance of the building
- Help with giving access to the building for suppliers/ contractors as requested by the Property Steward or Minister.
- Act as the first line supervisor of the contract cleaners
D. General Administration
- Oversee all aspects of the church office equipment such as computer, printers, and photocopier,
- Arrange a user feedback questionnaire once a year
Finance and Accounts
The Lettings Officer will work with the Finance Officer who will receive and check payments and keep the accounts
A Trustee will be nominated as the Line Manager, who will support the Lettings Officer in post. There will be an annual appraisal, and review of pay
The Minister will be available for support, and the Treasurer will discuss issues arising related to finance
Health & Safety at Work
Reasonable care of the health and safety should be taken of yourself and other persons, who may be affected by your acts or omissions, and to co-operate with the Free Church in adhering to statutory safety regulations
The church takes the safety of everyone in the Church very seriously and expects that everyone will work within its safeguarding Policy. In particular, the church expects that everyone who becomes aware of a safeguarding risk or of actual abuse will raise this immediately with their line manager or the Church’s Safeguarding Coordinator.
Inevitably, in the course of this employment there will be access to information of a personal and confidential nature. It is expected that such information will be kept strictly confidential
Terms and Conditions
- Terms of appointment: Permanent
- Part time; 12hrs per week (the number of hours required will be reviewed with the successful applicant during the first 3 months)
- If the successful candidate is already self employed, the post could be held on a self-employed basis
- The post is based in the church office, with home working.
- Working pattern Mon – Fri, at least on 4 days, worked flexibly and regular times as agreed with your line manager
- The salary range is £14.84-£17.58 per hour (£27,000 – £32,000 FTE) and will be negotiable based on experience
- 20 days annual leave pro rata after completion of probationary period
- Pension provision will be made according to statutory requirements
- Appointment will be subject to:
- a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure
- satisfactory references
- satisfactory completion of a six-month probationary period
|Education & Qualifications||
|Skills & Abilities||
* A = Application form - I = Interview
If interested in this position, please complete the attached application and equal opportunities monitoring form and send to:
Mrs Penny Trafford email@example.com
Download: Application Form